Clean & Care Instructions
Proper cleaning and care for your flexible magnets will ensure they continue to perform at their best and keep looking great. Following these simple tips will help you get the most out of all your magnetic products.
Magnum Magnetics products can be washed with mild detergent. Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air dry.
We recommend removing and cleaning magnets regularly for the best results. For vehicle-mounted magnetic signage, remove and clean it daily.
Download and print our complete Care and cleaning instructions PDF.
Descargar e imprimir nuestro Limpieza y cuidado las instrucciones de PDF.
Storing Flexible Magnet
- Keep the flexible magnetic sheet in a clean, dry place when not using the flexible magnetic sheet.
- Store rolled stock on end to keep it from developing flat spots.
- Store rolled sign material on end with the printed or vinyl side out.
- Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and
- waxes are cured (hardened).
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry. *(Approximate curing times: paint—90 days; clear coat—60 days; wax—2 days.)
Applying Flexible Magnet
- Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
- Affix to smooth, flat, or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (molding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas. There must be NO air pockets.
- The magnet itself should be at a room temperature of 60°F (16°C) or above when installed to achieve the best results.
- Do not apply a magnet that has been curled with the magnet side out. The magnet may not attach properly to the metallic surface resulting in lifted corners or air gaps which will weaken its holding strength. Follow the instructions for Storing a Flexible Magnet. If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix it. Lift at sides and not at corners to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Do NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C), or temperatures below -15°F (-26°C). Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle, so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Do NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding, and repainted surfaces. NOTE: Doors and panels on some vehicles are not made of steel. This product will not work on aluminum and plastic surfaces.
- We recommend rounded corners for magnetic vehicle signage.
- Although most stainless steel is not receptive to magnets, a few grades are. If using magnets on stainless steel surfaces, remove them daily and clean the magnet and the surface as directed below.
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- Remove the magnet at regular intervals to guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications). Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY.)
- After waxing and polishing, allow 2 days for the wax to cure before applying magnets.
Contact us to discuss your needs; we're here to help!