Magnum GraphicMount™ Mounting Tape
Magnum Tapes & Films® manufactures mounting tapes for graphic arts, digital printing, POP displays, and wide format mounting. Magnum’s adhesive tapes are designed for quality and long-lasting performance for demanding image mount applications. Our Low VOC Acrylic tapes have been emissions tested and meet JIS-A 1901 standard and ISO 18916 for photographic archiving. Both the Rubber and Acrylic tapes are acid-free.
Why Use Double-Sided Mounting Tape?
Mounting tape has adhesives on both sides, with a liner on one side so the tape doesn't stick to itself. It is ideal for adhering two surfaces or mounting small items to create a strong and lasting bond between them.
Mounting tape has several benefits, including:
- Easy hanging and mounting due to the double-sided adhesive
- Strong adhesion to smooth and rough surfaces
- A near-instant permanent bond
Ideas for Using Heavy-Duty Mounting Tape
The mounting tape is ideal for several applications in the graphic arts and digital imaging industry, including:
- Print brightening
- Menu boards
- Office signs
- Temporary signs
- Print mountings
- Retail store signs
- POP displays
- Trade show signs
- Exhibition boards
The automotive industry also uses double-sided mounting tape to mount these items to vehicle bodywork permanently:
- Mirror fixings
- Badges and emblems
You can use GraphicMount mounting tape with these mounting and laminating boards:
- Gator board
- Gator foam
- LSE plastics
How to Use Heavy-Duty Mounting Tape
Follow these instructions to use mounting tape:
- Fix one side of the tape to the object in a place that will evenly distribute its weight.
- Remove the release liner to reveal the adhesive of the second surface for mounting.
- Press the object to the surface you want it to adhere to.
- Hold the objects together for about a minute to create a permanent, secure fit.
Since mounting tape is permanent, it is not intended for removal — doing so can permanently damage surfaces — but you can remove it if needed. Remove the mounting tape by following these steps:
- Pry the mounted object from the surface by one corner.
- Stretch the tape parallel to the surface to remove the tape.
Specs for GraphicMount Magnet Products
Magnum Magnetics has several types of mounting tape, including premium, economy and standard. Our mounting tapes are available in two types of adhesive:
- Rubber: Our 300 and 400 series mounting tapes are made from double-coated permanent rubber. The liner side adhesive ranges from 0.8 to 1.1 millimeters on a 1-millimeter clear PET or 1.4-millimeter white PET carrier. Each side of the carrier has 1.1-millimeter-thick glue.
- Acrylic: The 800 series mounting tape is made from low-volatile-organic-compound (VOC), double-coated acrylic. The carrier is 1-millimeter clear PET or 1.4-millimeter white PET. Both types have a glue thickness of 1.1 millimeters on each side.
Both the rubber and acrylic mounting tapes use 76# PCK layflat liner.
GraphicMount tape is:
- Neutral pH and acid-free
- Low-VOC in compliance with JIS-A 1901 Standard
- Compliant with ISO 18916 for photographic archiving
This tape is available in multiple widths and 150-, 200- or 300-foot roll lengths.
All sizes are available in 150', 200', and 300' roll lengths.
*Most common liner is listed for each configuration; additional liner is available.
Contact Magnum Magnetics to Learn More Today
Magnum Magnetics is your go-to source for magnetic products, including mounting tape. Companies can use our magnets for brand signage, advertisements, photos and more.
Order mounting tape from Magnum Magnetics today. Learn more about our products by contacting us online or calling 877-417-7038.